The Eclipse Soft Tissue Anchor is designed for the fixation of connective soft tissues (tendons and ligaments) to bone during tenodesis, tendon transfer, and ligament reconstruction procedures in the extremities. The Eclipse Soft Tissue Anchor is MedShape’s non-rotational solution for simple and reliable soft tissue repair. Delivered pre-compressed in a low-profile geometry, the Eclipse Sheath inserts easily between the tendon and the bone. Insert and squeeze the trigger to experience controlled Sheath expansion for effective soft tissue fixation. Its sheath-and-bullet design and non-rotational deployment method preserves the surgeon’s preferred soft tissue orientation and effectively compresses and fixates soft tissue without damaging the soft tissue.
The Eclipse Soft Tissue Anchor has several unique, advantageous features:
- Straightforward, non-rotational insertion and deployment technique
- Pre-loaded on Disposable Gun for fast and easy handling
- Manufactured out of MedShape’s proprietary shape memory PEEK Altera®, a high strength, biocompatible, radiolucent polymer
- Offered in a broad range of sizes to accommodate any bone anatomy (4 – 9mm in diameter, 10 – 20mm in length)
- Adaptable to any arthroscopic or mini-open soft tissue repair procedure
The Eclipse Soft Tissue Anchor can be used in the following procedures:
- Proximal Biceps Tenodesis
- Medial/lateral Collateral Ligament (MCL/LCL) Reconstruction
- Medial Patellofemoral (MPFL) Reconstruction
- Lateral Ankle Stabilization
- FHL/FDL Tendon Transfer
- Posterior Tibialis Tendon Transfer
Protected by Patent No. 8, 069, 858. Other U.S. and International Patents Pending. The Eclipse Soft Tissue Anchor has been cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration for sale in the United States.
One shape for easy insertion. Another shape for secure fixation.
A simple way to trigger the transformation. Now that’s genius.