The ExoShape® ACL Fixation System is MedShape’s latest innovation in ACL reconstruction. Made out of MedShape’s proprietary shape memory PEEK Altera®, ExoShape® is the ONLY all PEEK device system that offers NON-ROTATIONAL aperture soft tissue graft fixation on both the femoral and tibial sides to achieve complete anatomic ACL reconstruction. Compatible for both transtibial and anteromedial approaches, ExoShape® Femoral comes pre-loaded on a delivery system with a flexible rod to facilitate non-line of sight delivery along a curved path in the joint. Here are some other exciting features of the ExoShape® ACL Fixation System:
ExoShape® FEMORAL Soft Tissue Fastener
- Tendon Loop Maximizes Graft Length in Tunnel (at least 20 mm)
- Compressed Geometry reduces insertion forces
- Low Profile Surface Texture provides fixation without damaging the graft
- Superior Fixation into cancellous bone achieved via expansion of Shape Memory Wings
- Expandable Block Lock technology provides Graft Compression and Aperture Fixation
ExoShape® TIBIAL Soft Tissue Fastener
- Two-sided compressed profile allows Accurate Anatomic Placement of graft bundles
- Non-rotational deployment maintains Preferred Graft Orientation
- Desired Graft Tension maintained during fixation using the “closed force loop” deployment method
- 360° radial expansion of Sheath enables Strong, Secure Fixation
- Low profile surface texture and non-rotational insertion provides Total Graft Protection
ExoShape® FEMORAL is available in sizes 8-11 mm and 21 mm in length. ExoShape® TIBIAL is available in 7-12 mm and 30 mm in length.
Protected by Patient No. 8, 069, 858. Other U.S. and International Patents Pending. The ExoShape® FEMORAL and TIBIAL Soft Tissue Fasteners have been cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration for sale in the United States.