DYNANAIL® TTC FUSION SYSTEM
The DynaNail® TTC Fusion System is designed for use in tibiotalocalcaneal (TTC) fusion procedures to address degenerative conditions, correct joint deformities and revise failed total ankle replacements or arthrodesis non-unions.
The DynaNail incorporates MedShape’s patented superelastic nickel titanium (NiTiNOL) technology that can respond and adapt to changes in the joints. Intra-operatively, the NiTiNOL Compressive Element is stretched into its activated state and fixed with screws. Post-surgery, the Compressive Element will maintain the target fusion bones in close apposition and under compression for up to 6 mm of bone resorption or settling.
Maintained Compression Without External Fixation? Nailed It
The DynaNail® TTC Fusion System is the ONLY fusion approach that offers the compression performance of an external fixator inside an intramedullary nail.
- Achieves 6 mm of post-operative compression PLUS 6 mm of intra-operative manual compression
- Provides automatic dynamization upon weightbearing
- Accompanied by the robust DynaFrame™ CF (Carbon Fiber) Deployment System
- Available in multiple diameters and lengths – NEW! Now offered in 260 and 300 mm lengths for revision and bail out procedures
Demonstrated Elite Performance
- See why DynaNail can be indicated to treat high-risk patients with complex pathologies:
The Proof Is In The Science
Maintained Active Compression
Benchtop testing shows that the DynaNail can maintain compression for up to 6 mm of bone resorption or settling similar to an external fixator. In contrast, existing static IM nails lose 90% of their compression when just 1 mm of bone resorption occurs.
Thanks to the axial compliance of its NiTiNOL Compressive Element, DynaNail is able to transfer almost 70% of forces to the bone during weight-bearing; whereas, static competitor nails are only able to transfer 20% of walking forces.